St John's 59
(16-12, 4-7 away)
(16-12, 12-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||J Sampson 22
||S Pointer 10
||S Pointer 4
||B Cotton 24
||K Dunn 12
||V Council 5
Providence narrowly beat St. John's 62-59 in conference action on Saturday, Mar. 2. Bryce Cotton was exceptional for the Friars and got a game-high 24 points, shooting 5 of 14 from three-point range. Kris Dunn had five points and added 12 rebounds. Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double for the Red Storm with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Providence (16-12, 8-8 Big East) takes on Seton Hall (14-15, 3-13 Big East) on Tuesday, Mar. 5 at home.
Providence Game Notes
- The last time PC started the season 16-12 was 1998.
- The Friars have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Providence is 24-30 in close games.
- The Friars have won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after recording 15 or more assists.
- PC has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8 percent field goal percentage.
- PC has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season Providence has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Bryce Cotton has six rebounds or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Kris Dunn has five assists or more.
- Providence has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Friars came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--PC has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kris Dunn and Kadeem Batts) accounted for 44.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Kadeem Batts has six straight double-digit point games.
- Vincent Council has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kris Dunn recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
St. John's Game Notes
- The Red Storm have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. John's is 29-17 in close games.
- JaKarr Sampson accounted for 37.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sir`Dominic Pointer and Chris Obekpa) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding eight times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of JaKarr Sampson's career.
- JaKarr Sampson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
|B-||Phil Greene IV||37||10||2||1||1||0||0|