Brigham Young 73
(21-10, 6-7 away)
Loyola Marymount 70
(8-22, 5-9 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
11:10PM ET / 8:10PM PT, March 02, 2013
||T Haws 24
||B Davies 8
||M Carlino 7
||A Ireland 24
||G Okonji 7
||C Flint 5
Brigham Young escaped Loyola Marymount 73-70 in conference action on Saturday, Mar. 2. The Cougars remain undefeated against Loyola Marymount this season at 2-0. The Cougars were led by Brandon Davies, who put up 11 points and eight rebounds. Tyler Haws had a game-high 24 points and added six rebounds. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland finished with a team-high 24 points and five assists.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- The Cougars have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Brigham Young is 20-15 in close games.
- Brigham Young has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- The Cougars have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- BYU has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.7 percent field goal percentage.
- BYU has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer assists.
- This season Brigham Young has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Matt Carlino has 11 points or more and 72 percent of the time (13-5) when Brandon Davies has eight rebounds or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for turnovers (19).
- The last time BYU recorded at least 19 turnovers was Mar 13, 2012 against Iona.
- BYU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Brigham Young has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Tyler Haws recorded a team season high in free throws made with 14.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Haws had a career high with 14 free throws made.
- Brandon Davies has 15 straight double-digit point games.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The Lions have lost nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-27 in close games.
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 14 games.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Godwin Okonji and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 48.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 26 times in 30 games this season.
- Godwin Okonji has led the team in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Taylor Walker.