Brigham Young 73
(21-10, 6-7 away)
Loyola Marymount 70
(8-22, 5-9 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
11:10PM ET / 8:10PM PT, March 02, 2013
||T Haws 24
||B Davies 8
||M Carlino 7
||A Ireland 24
||G Okonji 7
||C Flint 5
Loyola Marymount was narrowly defeated by Brigham Young 73-70 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With the loss, the Lions remain winless against Brigham Young this season at 0-2. The Lions got a team-high 24 points and five assists from Anthony Ireland. Ashley Hamilton had 18 points and added six rebounds. For the Cougars, Brandon Davies finished with 11 points and eight rebounds.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- LMU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 10th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- The Lions have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-27 in close games.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-13) after having a field goal percentage of 38.7 percent or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 27 or fewer rebounds.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing nine or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.7 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 89 percent of the time (2-17).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- Loyola Marymount has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--LMU has a 1.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Godwin Okonji and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 48.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 26 out of 30 games this season.
- Godwin Okonji has led the team in rebounding in four out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Taylor Walker.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- The Cougars won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Brigham Young is 20-15 in close games.
- Tyler Haws recorded a team season high in free throws made with 14.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring 17 times in 31 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Haws set a career high with 14 free throws made.
- Brandon Davies has 15 straight double-digit point games.