Iowa got beat at home by No. 1 Indiana 73-60 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. The Hawkeyes stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. The Hawkeyes got a team-high 20 points and six rebounds from Roy Devyn Marble. Eric May had 12 points and added seven rebounds. Cody Zeller recorded a double-double for the Hoosiers with a game-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Iowa (18-11, 7-9 Big Ten) is Illinois (21-9, 8-8 Big Ten) on Tuesday, Mar. 5 at home.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 18-11 was 2000.
- Iowa beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Iowa played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-34.
- Iowa has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Hawkeyes have lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Iowa has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Iowa has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has six straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron White has four straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron White had a career high with four steals.
Indiana Game Notes
- Cody Zeller accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 16 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Cody Zeller's career.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 13th of his career.
- Victor Oladipo has three straight double-digit point games.