UNC Wilmington 46
(10-20, 1-15 away)
(13-17, 5-9 home)
Venue: Daskalakis Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||K Rendleman 24
||K Rendleman 10
||T Milson 5
||D McCoy 13
||D McCoy 17
||D Thomas 4
Drexel outrebounded North Carolina-Wilmington 56-28 and blew out the Seahawks 62-46 in CAA action on Saturday, Mar. 2. The first half was competitive, with Drexel holding a 30-25 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Daryl McCoy got a season-high 13 points and 17 rebounds for the Dragons, earning a double-double. Dartaye Ruffin had eight points and added 14 rebounds. Keith Rendleman got a double-double for the Seahawks on a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds.
Drexel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:35 left to go.
- The last time Drexel started the season 13-17 was 1999.
- Drexel beat the spread by three points. That makes the 11th time this season the Dragons have beaten the spread.
- The Dragons set a season high for rebounds (56).
- Drexel set a season low for field goal percentage (30.6).
- The Dragons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- Drexel has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Drexel has a 0.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Daryl McCoy recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and offensive rebounds with nine.
- The top two scorers (Daryl McCoy and Damion Lee) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- Daryl McCoy accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Daryl McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 30 games this season.
- Derrick Thomas has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Daryl McCoy recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daryl McCoy recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fifth of his career.
- Daryl McCoy had a career high with nine offensive rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dartaye Ruffin had career highs with 14 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Damion Lee has six straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- This loss extended the Seahawks losing streak to four games.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 52.1 percent of the team's points.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Keith Rendleman has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 23 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Keith Rendleman's career.
- Keith Rendleman has three straight 20+ point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double. It was his 20th this season and 42nd of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Craig Ponder.