Manhattan vs. Loyola (MD): Full Game Preview
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 7.1||E Andujar 2.5|
|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 16.7||A Winbush 6.4||R Williams 4.0|
On Sunday, Loyola (MD) hosts Manhattan at Reitz Arena. The game tips off at 12 p.m. EST. The Greyhounds beat the Jaspers 51-41 on Jan. 25 and are 8-2 against them over the last four years.
Manhattan is in sixth place in the conference and Loyola (MD) is in third place.
The Greyhounds fell 90-86 to Iona on Mar. 1. Erik Etherly finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds in the loss. He contributes 6.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.7 points per game. In a 34-31 victory over Fairfield on Mar. 1, Rhamel Brown put up 6 points and 7 rebounds for the Jaspers. With 7.1 rebounds per game and 3.1 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Loyola (MD) has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Greyhounds have an edge over the Jaspers, 67 points per game to 58 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Manhattan is strong in free throw rate at 44.5 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and 15th in the nation.
- A for effort, but Loyola has emerged victorious against Manhattan the last five times they've played.
- Loyola has a better record at home than Manhattan this season (10-3 vs. 7-4).
- Loyola has more wins over the last 5 years than Manhattan (103 vs. 78).
- Anthony Winbush is ranked 7th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- Loyola has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (54.2 percent to 42.9 percent).
- Loyola is better under pressure, and has defeated Manhattan in five out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- Loyola is ranked higher than Manhattan in the MAAC (No. 2 vs. No. 6).
- Loyola has an average margin of victory of 9 over Manhattan in 22 wins since 1989.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (966 to 949) than Manhattan, per the NCAA.
- Loyola has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Manhattan ($26,855 vs. $36,470).
- Robert Olson is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
|D-||M. Jackson Jr.||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|