On Saturday, Mar. 2, Saint Mary's beat Santa Clara 80-67 in conference action. The Gaels stay unbeaten against Santa Clara this season at 2-0. Matthew Dellavedova played well for the Gaels and put up a team-high 21 points and six rebounds. Stephen Holt also had a good game, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. Marc Trasolini finished with a game-high 21 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos. The Gaels are on a five-game win streak.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 26-5 during the 2011 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Santa Clara extended the Saint Mary's winning streak to five games.
- SMC beat the spread by two points. That makes the 15th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Saint Mary's has won every game this season (4-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- SMC has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Stephen Holt has 13 points or more, 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Matthew Dellavedova has five field goals made or more, and 90 percent of the time (19-2) when Mitchell Young has five rebounds or more.
- The Gaels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--SMC has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matthew Dellavedova recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Matthew Dellavedova and Stephen Holt) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 31 games this season.
- Brad Waldow has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Matthew Dellavedova's career.
- Matthew Dellavedova has four straight double-digit point games.
- Stephen Holt has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jordan Giusti.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marc Trasolini and Raymond Cowels III) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 16 times in 31 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Marc Trasolini's career.
- Marc Trasolini has three straight double-digit point games.