New Mexico State forced only nine turnovers and took a home loss to Denver 66-60 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With the loss, the Aggies tie the season series against Denver at 1-1. The Aggies got a double-double out of Bandja Sy with a game-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. Sim Bhullar had 17 points and added two rebounds. For the Pioneers, Chris Udofia finished with 13 points and five assists (4 Blk 3 Stl). New Mexico State (19-10, 12-4 WAC) hosts 25th-ranked Louisiana Tech (26-3, 16-0 WAC) on Thursday, Mar. 7.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- New Mexico State started 19-10 during the 2009 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- NMSU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, New Mexico State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, New Mexico State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.5 percent or better this season, New Mexico State has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Aggies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Bandja Sy accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's points.
- Bandja Sy accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Bandja Sy's career.
- Bandja Sy has four straight double-digit point games.
- Bandja Sy recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and fifth of his career.
- Bandja Sy had career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Terrel de Rouen.
Denver Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Royce O`Neale and Chris Udofia) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Royce O`Neale and Chase Hallam) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Royce O`Neale has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Chase Hallam has four straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Udofia has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Udofia set a career high with three three-pointers.