Air Force 41
(16-11, 3-9 away)
Fresno State 56
(10-18, 6-8 home)
Venue: Save Mart Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Fitzgerald 11
||T Fletcher 6
||K Williams 2
||T Johnson 21
||K Foster 8
||M Harris 2
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Air Force took on Fresno State and lost in a blowout to the Bulldogs 56-41 in conference play. With the loss, the Falcons tie the season series against Fresno State at 1-1. The Falcons were led by Mike Fitzgerald, who put up a team-high 11 points and four rebounds. Todd Fletcher scored two points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson finished with a game-high 21 points and six rebounds. Next up for Air Force (15-11, 7-7 MWC) is San Diego State (20-8, 8-6 MWC) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on the road.
Air Force Game Notes
- The last time AF started the season 16-11 was 2004.
- Air Force has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording four or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 44 or more rebounds this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- AF set season lows for assists (eight), field goals made (12), field goal percentage (27.9), and steals (zero).
- The top two scorers (Mike Fitzgerald and Michael Lyons) accounted for 43.9 percent of the points.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
Fresno State Game Notes
- Tyler Johnson accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (26) than the starters (17).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (24).
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring eight times in 28 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 28 games this season.
- Allen Huddleston has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Tyler Johnson's career.
- Tyler Johnson set a career high with nine field goals made.
|B||Jerry Brown Jr||20||7||3||1||0||0||0|