(20-6, 9-5 away)
Montana State 68
(11-16, 8-6 home)
Venue: Worthington Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 02, 2013
||K DeShields 17
||S Coleman 6
||K DeShields 5
||F Davis 30
||P Egwuonwu 8
||F Davis 3
Montana scored 33 points from behind the arc and won a nail-biter over Montana State 71-68 in Big Sky play on Saturday, Mar. 2. The Grizzlies stay unbeaten against Montana State this season at 2-0. The Grizzlies were led by Keron DeShields, who got a team-high 17 points and five assists. Spencer Coleman had 14 points and added six rebounds. For the Bobcats, Flavien Davis finished with a season-high 30 points and four rebounds. Montana (20-6, 16-1 Big Sky) gets Southern Utah (11-16, 8-9 Big Sky) on the road on Monday, Mar. 4.
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 20-6 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Grizzlies have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Montana is 27-24 in close games.
- Montana has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- Montana has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- The Grizzlies have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- UM has won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- UM has won 89 percent of the time this season (16-2) after holding an opponent to under 47.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Kareem Jamar plays 35 minutes or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Spencer Coleman has five field goals made or more.
- The Grizzlies have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Montana has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Keron DeShields and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Spencer Coleman has led the team in rebounding in three out of 26 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has three straight double-digit point games.
Montana State Game Notes
- The Bobcats have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana State is 32-24 in close games.
- Flavien Davis recorded a team season high in points with 30 and field goals made with 11.
- Flavien Davis accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Egwuonwu and Xavier Blount) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Flavien Davis has led the team in scoring eight times in 27 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Christian Moon has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Flavien Davis's career.