(20-6, 9-5 away)
Montana State 68
(11-16, 8-6 home)
Venue: Worthington Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 02, 2013
||K DeShields 17
||S Coleman 6
||K DeShields 5
||F Davis 30
||P Egwuonwu 8
||F Davis 3
Montana State let one slip to Montana 71-68 in conference play on an evening when the Grizzlies scored 33 points from three-point territory. The Bobcats are now 0-2 against Montana this season. The Bobcats got a season-high 30 points and four rebounds from Flavien Davis. Christian Moon had 14 points and added four rebounds. Keron DeShields finished with a team-high 17 points and five assists for the Grizzlies. Next up for Montana State (11-16, 8-10 Big Sky) is Northern Arizona (11-18, 8-10 Big Sky) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on their home court.
Montana State Game Notes
- Montana State started 11-16 during the 2011, 2010, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- MTST beat the spread by one points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- The Bobcats have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana State is 32-24 in close games.
- Montana State has lost 77 percent of the time this season (3-10) after recording seven or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Montana State has lost 93 percent of the time (1-14).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, Montana State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Montana State has lost 78 percent of the time (4-14).
- MTST set season lows for three-pointers (three) and three-point percentage (21.4).
- Montana State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--MTST has a 2.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Flavien Davis recorded a team season high in points with 30 and field goals made with 11.
- Flavien Davis accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Egwuonwu and Xavier Blount) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Flavien Davis has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- Christian Moon has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Flavien Davis's career.
Montana Game Notes
- The Grizzlies won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana is 27-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Keron DeShields and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Spencer Coleman has led the team in rebounding three times in 26 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has three straight double-digit point games.