(13-14, 3-8 away)
(7) Georgetown 64
(23-4, 17-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||W Judge 11
||D Miller 5
||J Seagears 5
||O Porter 28
||O Porter 8
||N Lubick 2
Rutgers lost on their home court to No. 7 Georgetown 64-51 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. The Scarlet Knights drop to 1-7 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Dane Miller put up nine points and five rebounds in the Scarlet Knights loss. Myles Mack had nine points. Otto Porter picked up his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Hoyas, scoring a game-high 28 points (8 Reb 4 Stl 3 Blk) in 40 minutes. For the Hoyas, Otto Porter got a game-high 28 points and eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Blk). Rutgers (13-14, 4-12 Big East) gets 22nd-ranked Marquette (21-7, 12-4 Big East) at home on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers started 13-14 during the 2010 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Rutgers beat the spread by one points. That makes the 11th time this season the Scarlet Knights have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Rutgers played 44 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-37.
- The Scarlet Knights have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 37.0 percent or worse.
- Rutgers has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Rutgers has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.5 percent or better this season, Rutgers has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Rutgers has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (10).
- Wally Judge has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Dane Miller had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Wally Judge.
Georgetown Game Notes
- Otto Porter recorded a team season high in free throws made with 15 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Otto Porter accounted for 43.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Otto Porter and Moses Ayegba) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Otto Porter has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 12 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Otto Porter's career.
- Otto Porter has three straight 20+ point games.
- Otto Porter set a career high with 15 free throws made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jabril Trawick.
- Nate Lubick set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.