(13-15, 5-7 away)
(9-20, 8-11 home)
Venue: Auburn Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||K Johnson 16
||K Bright 8
||K Johnson 8
||C Denson 16
||A Payne 6
||F Sullivan 3
Vanderbilt got a victory on the road against Auburn 62-55 in conference action on a night when they scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line. With the win, the Commodores stay unbeaten against Auburn this season at 2-0. The Commodores got the win with a game-high 16 points and eight assists from Kedren Johnson. Kevin Bright also had a solid outing, scoring 14 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Tigers, Chris Denson got a team-high 16 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Commodores. Next up for Vanderbilt (13-15, 7-9 SEC) is eighth-ranked Florida (23-5, 13-3 SEC) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on the road.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The win over Auburn extended the Vanderbilt winning streak to three games.
- Vandy beat the spread by five points. That makes the 15th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after recording 62 or more total points.
- Vandy has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- Vandy has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Vanderbilt has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Josh Henderson has 11 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Dai-Jon Parker plays 31 minutes or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Kevin Bright has four field goals made or more.
- The Commodores have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10 and free throws attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Kevin Bright) accounted for 48.3 percent of the points.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 28 games this season.
- Kevin Bright has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson had career highs with 10 free throws made and eight assists.
- Kevin Bright has three straight double-digit point games.
Auburn Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to seven games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Denson and Josh Wallace) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Chris Denson has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 29 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Josh Wallace.
|-||Brian Greene Jr||9||0||2||0||0||0||0|