Florida Atlantic blew out Florida International 77-60 in Sun Belt action on Saturday, Mar. 2. Florida International had the lead, 31-30 at halftime, but Florida Atlantic turned things around in the second half and won this one easily. The Owls tie the season series against Florida International at 1-1 with the win. The Owls got a double-double out of Andre Mattison with a career-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Stefan Moody had a season-high 28 points and added seven rebounds. Deric Hill got seven points and five assists for the Golden Panthers.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The last time FAU started the season 14-17 was 2007.
- FAU beat the spread by 18 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Florida Atlantic has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- FAU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Florida Atlantic has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Stefan Moody has three three-pointers or more.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Owls came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--FAU has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stefan Moody accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- Stefan Moody has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 28 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Stefan Moody's career.
- Stefan Moody has three straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Mattison recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Mattison recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Florida International Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Malik Smith and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 29 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has 20 straight double-digit point games.