FL Internationial 60
(16-13, 6-10 away)
Florida Atlantic 77
(14-17, 11-4 home)
Venue: FAU Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Smith 18
||T Murphy 5
||D Hill 5
||S Moody 28
||A Mattison 10
||P Bertone 4
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Florida International was thumped by Florida Atlantic 77-60 in conference play. Florida International had the lead, 31-30, at halftime, but Florida Atlantic took control of the game in the second half to win by a big margin. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Deric Hill put up seven points and five assists in the Golden Panthers loss. Malik Smith had 18 points and added three rebounds. Andre Mattison recorded a double-double for the Owls on a career-high 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Florida International Game Notes
- Florida International started 16-13 during the 1999 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Florida International has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Florida International has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Golden Panthers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Florida International has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Golden Panthers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Malik Smith and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 29 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has 20 straight double-digit point games.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- Stefan Moody accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- Stefan Moody has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 28 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Stefan Moody's career.
- Stefan Moody has three straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Mattison recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Mattison recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
|D||M. Porcher Jimenez||11||0||1||0||0||0||0|