San Jose State 61
(9-18, 4-10 away)
(25) Louisiana Tech 88
(26-3, 15-0 home)
Venue: Thomas Assembly Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
|San Jose State
|San Jose State
||C Jones 14
||C Cunningham 7
||C Jones 2
||R Appleby 16
||C Johnson 9
||K Smith 9
On Saturday, Mar. 2, No. 25 Louisiana Tech scored 30 points from three-point territory and won big over San Jose State 88-61 in conference action. Louisiana Tech got off to an insurmountable 45-26 halftime lead, then never let San Jose State back in it. With a record of 2-0, the Bulldogs remain undefeated against San Jose State this season. The Bulldogs got the win with two points and nine assists from Kenneth Smith. Cordarius Johnson also contributed, scoring eight points and adding nine rebounds. For the Spartans, Chris Jones finished with a season-high 14 points and five rebounds. The win streak for the Bulldogs now stands at 18 games. Louisiana Tech (26-3, 16-0 WAC) goes to New Mexico State (19-9, 12-3 WAC) on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:29 left to go.
- The win over San Jose State extended the Louisiana Tech winning streak to 18 games.
- LaTech beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LaTech has been on the winning end of 21 blowout games.
- Louisiana Tech has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.0 percent or better.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Louisiana Tech has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- LaTech has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- LaTech has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.1 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Raheem Appleby has 16 points or more, 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Cordarius Johnson has four field goals made or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Kenneth Smith has five rebounds or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Louisiana Tech has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--LaTech has a 20.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 29 games this season.
- Cordarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding in five out of 29 games this season.
- Raheem Appleby has four straight double-digit point games.
- Cordarius Johnson had a career high with nine rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Brandon Gibson.
San Jose State Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SJSU has been on the losing end of 24 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Spartans losing streak to 12 games.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.