(13-15, 3-9 away)
Virginia Tech 69
(13-16, 11-8 home)
Venue: Cassell Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||D Booker 17
||M Jennings 8
||R Hall 4
||E Green 29
||C Barksdale 8
||J Eddie 2
Virginia Tech squared off with Clemson on Saturday, Mar. 2 and topped the Tigers 69-61 in conference play. The Hokies tie the season series against Clemson at 1-1 with the win. The Hokies got a game-high 29 points from Erick Green, with 15 points coming from three-point range. C.J. Barksdale had 14 points and added eight rebounds. For the Tigers, Milton Jennings finished with 13 points and eight rebounds. Virginia Tech (13-16, 4-12 ACC) gets third-ranked Duke (25-3, 12-3 ACC) on the road on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- VT beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hokies have beaten the spread.
- VT has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- VT has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Virginia Tech has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Robert Brown has six field goals made or more.
- The Hokies set a season high for field goal percentage (54.8).
- The last time VT had a field goal percentage of 54.8 percent or higher was Nov 14, 2011 against Monmouth.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--VT has a 2.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erick Green accounted for 42.0 percent of the team's points.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 27 out of 29 games this season.
- C.J. Barksdale has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 29 straight double-digit point games.
- Erick Green had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Robert Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Brown had a career high with a 75 percent field goal percentage.
- C.J. Barksdale has four straight double-digit point games.
Clemson Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Devin Booker and Milton Jennings) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Booker has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Milton Jennings has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Rod Hall.
- Devin Booker has six straight double-digit point games.
|B||J. van Zegeren||9||4||4||0||0||0||0|