On Saturday, Mar. 2, Northwestern State was narrowly defeated by Stephen F. Austin 64-63 in conference play. With the loss, the Demons tie the season series against Stephen F. Austin at 1-1. The Demons got a game-high 20 points and eight rebounds from James Hulbin. Jalan West had eight points and added nine assists. Taylor Smith got a double-double for the Lumberjacks on a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Northwestern State (19-8, 13-3 SLC) gets Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (5-21, 4-11 SLC) on their home court on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The Demons have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northwestern State is 27-17 in close games.
- Northwestern State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- Northwestern State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- James Hulbin accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Hulbin and Patrick Robinson) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (46) than the starters (17).
- James Hulbin has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of James Hulbin's career.
- James Hulbin has three straight double-digit point games.
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stephen F. Austin is 27-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Taylor Smith and Antonio Bostic) accounted for 51.5 percent of the points.
- Taylor Smith accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 22 times in 27 games this season.
- Taylor Smith recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Taylor Smith has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Taylor Smith recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 13th of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Thomas Walkup.