On Saturday, Mar. 2, Boise State took on Colorado State and defeated the Rams 78-65 in MWC play. With the win, the Broncos even the season series against Colorado State at 1-1. The Broncos got the win with a remarkable 38 points and five rebounds from Derrick Marks. Anthony Drmic had 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Rams, Greg Smith finished with a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Boise State (20-8, 8-6 MWC) gets UNLV (22-7, 9-5 MWC) on the road on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State started 20-8 during the 2003 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Colorado State extended the Boise State winning streak to four games.
- BSU beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Boise State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.7 percent or better.
- Boise State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- BSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Boise State has won 88 percent of the time (15-2) when Anthony Drmic has 15 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Jeff Elorriaga plays 38 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Derrick Marks has eight free throws made or more.
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Broncos came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--BSU has a 18.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Derrick Marks recorded a team season high in points with 38.
- Derrick Marks accounted for 48.7 percent of the team's points.
- Derrick Marks has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in rebounding in six out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Derrick Marks's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Derrick Marks.
- Derrick Marks had career highs with 38 points, 13 field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- Anthony Drmic has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kenny Buckner.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Greg Smith and Dorian Green) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Smith and Colton Iverson) accounted for 56.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Greg Smith has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- Dorian Green has three straight double-digit point games.
- Wes Eikmeier has five straight double-digit point games.
- Wes Eikmeier set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Colton Iverson has five straight double-digit point games.