On Saturday, Mar. 2, Yale got a win on the road against Cornell 79-70 in Ivy play. The Bulldogs tie the season series against Cornell at 1-1 with the win. The Bulldogs got the win with a career-high 13 points and nine rebounds from Brandon Sherrod. Matt Townsend had a career-high 19 points and added four rebounds. For the Big Red, Nolan Cressler finished with 19 points and six rebounds. Next up for Yale (12-17, 6-6 Ivy) is Princeton (13-9, 9-2 Ivy) on Friday, Mar. 8 on their home court.
Yale Game Notes
- Yale beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Yale has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 54.5 percent or better.
- The Bulldogs have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Yale has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.1 percent field goal percentage.
- Yale has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record four or fewer steals.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks (seven) and free throws made (25).
- The last time Yale recorded at least seven blocks was Jan 08, 2012 against St Joseph (NY).
- Brandon Sherrod recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Matt Townsend and Austin Morgan) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (14).
- Matt Townsend has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Matt Townsend has three straight double-digit point games.
Cornell Game Notes
- This loss extended the Big Red losing streak to four games.
- Eitan Chemerinski recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Deion Giddens tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Errick Peck tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Errick Peck and Nolan Cressler) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Deion Giddens and Eitan Chemerinski) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (16).
- Errick Peck has led the team in scoring five times in 29 games this season.
- Errick Peck set a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Deion Giddens.