On Saturday, Mar. 2, Cornell took a home loss to Yale 79-70 in conference play. With the loss, the Big Red tie the season series against Yale at 1-1. The Big Red got 19 points and six rebounds from Nolan Cressler. Galal Cancer had six points and added four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Brandon Sherrod got a career-high 13 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, Mar. 8 when Cornell (13-16, 5-7 Ivy) travels to Dartmouth (7-19, 3-9 Ivy).
Cornell Game Notes
- The Big Red have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 37.1 percent or worse.
- Cornell has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Cornell has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.1 percent or better this season, Cornell has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Cornell has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Cornell has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Cornell has a -4.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Eitan Chemerinski recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Deion Giddens tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Errick Peck tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Errick Peck and Nolan Cressler) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Deion Giddens and Eitan Chemerinski) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (16).
- Errick Peck has led the team in scoring in five out of 29 games this season.
- Errick Peck had a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Deion Giddens.
Yale Game Notes
- Brandon Sherrod recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Matt Townsend and Austin Morgan) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (14).
- Matt Townsend has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Matt Townsend has three straight double-digit point games.