(12-14, 5-10 away)
(12-14, 7-7 home)
Venue: Levien Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Sullivan 17
||C Kuakumensah 9
||M Sullivan 2
||B Barbour 18
||J Daniels 7
||B Barbour 2
Brown squared off with Columbia on Saturday, Mar. 2 and escaped the Lions 61-58 in conference action. It looked like Brown might let this one get away, down 31-20 at the half, but they put together a good second half to put Columbia away at the end. With a record of 2-0, the Bears stay unbeaten against Columbia this season. The Bears were led by Matt Sullivan, who put up a team-high 17 points and four rebounds. Sean McGonagill also had a strong game, scoring 14 points and adding six rebounds. For the Lions, Brian Barbour got a game-high 18 points on 62.5 percent shooting. This makes three wins in a row for the Bears. Brown (12-14, 6-6 Ivy) gets Pennsylvania (8-20, 5-6 Ivy) on their home court on Friday, Mar. 8.
Brown Game Notes
- The win over Columbia extended the Brown winning streak to three games.
- Brown beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Brown is 19-23 in close games.
- Brown has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- The Bears have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording nine or more steals.
- Brown has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Brown has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Brown set a season low for rebounds (25).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- Matt Sullivan recorded a team season high in steals with six and free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Matt Sullivan and Sean McGonagill) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- Cedric Kuakumensah accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Matt Sullivan has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- Cedric Kuakumensah has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- Matt Sullivan has three straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Sullivan had a career high with six steals.
- Tyler Ponticelli had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Rafael Maia.
Columbia Game Notes
- The Lions have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Columbia is 20-29 in close games.
- Brian Barbour recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- Brian Barbour accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (six).
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (21).
- Brian Barbour has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- John Daniels has led the team in rebounding three times in 26 games this season.
- Brian Barbour set a career high with five steals.
- Maodo Lo has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Mark Cisco.