(12-17, 3-13 away)
Norfolk State 62
(19-10, 9-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||P Scotland 16
||J Bryant 9
||R Johnson 3
||P Williams 14
||R Gaston 11
||J Fuentes 3
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Norfolk State took on Bethune-Cookman and just barely got by the Wildcats 62-61 in conference action. Rashid Gaston earned a double-double in the win including 10 points and 11 rebounds. Jamel Fuentes scored 10 points and added five rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Wildcats, Alex Smith got eight points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, Mar. 4 when Norfolk State (19-10, 14-0 MEAC) hosts Florida A&M (8-19, 5-9 MEAC).
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The win over Bethune-Cookman extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 13 games.
- The Spartans have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Norfolk State is 33-26 in close games.
- The Spartans have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- NSU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- NSU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Norfolk State has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Jamel Fuentes has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Malcom Hawkins plays 32 minutes or more, and 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Brandon Goode has six rebounds or more.
- The Spartans have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--NSU has a 9.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Malcom Hawkins) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Brandon Goode) accounted for 41.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 29 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rashid Gaston recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Pendarvis Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Pendarvis Williams had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bethune-Cookman is 31-34 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Paul Scotland and Adrien Coleman) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (25) than the starters (20).
- Paul Scotland has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Alex Smith has led the team in rebounding eight times in 29 games this season.
- Kevin Dukes has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ricky Johnson.
- Adrien Coleman has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jarvoris Bryant.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||8||0||2||0||0||0||0|