(12-17, 3-13 away)
Norfolk State 62
(19-10, 9-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||P Scotland 16
||J Bryant 9
||R Johnson 3
||P Williams 14
||R Gaston 11
||J Fuentes 3
Bethune-Cookman faced off with Norfolk State on Saturday, Mar. 2 and lost a nail-biter to the Spartans 62-61 in conference play. The Wildcats were led by Alex Smith, who put up eight points and nine rebounds. Paul Scotland had a game-high 16 points and added four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Rashid Gaston registered a double-double for the Spartans with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Bethune-Cookman (12-17, 7-7 MEAC) is Hampton (13-15, 10-4 MEAC) on Monday, Mar. 4 on the road.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- The last time B-CU started the season 12-17 was 2001.
- The Wildcats have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bethune-Cookman is 31-34 in close games.
- The Wildcats have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- Bethune-Cookman has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 10 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Paul Scotland and Adrien Coleman) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (25) than the starters (20).
- Paul Scotland has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Alex Smith has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 29 games this season.
- Kevin Dukes has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ricky Johnson.
- Adrien Coleman has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jarvoris Bryant.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The Spartans won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Norfolk State is 33-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Malcom Hawkins) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Brandon Goode) accounted for 41.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring 14 times in 29 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rashid Gaston recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Pendarvis Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Pendarvis Williams set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||8||0||2||0||0||0||0|