|Nebraska||R Gallegos 23||D Rivers 5||D Talley 5|
|Illinois||T Abrams 16||M Henry 9||B Paul 5|
Illinois squared off with Nebraska on Saturday, Mar. 2 and defeated the Cornhuskers 72-65 in Big Ten play. With a record of 2-0, the Fighting Illini remain unbeaten against Nebraska this season. Brandon Paul guided the Fighting Illini and put up 14 points and five assists. Myke Henry had a season-high 12 points and added nine rebounds. For the Cornhuskers, Dylan Talley finished with 20 points and five rebounds. Illinois (21-9, 8-8 Big Ten) gets Iowa (18-10, 7-8 Big Ten) on the road on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Illinois Game Notes
- Illinois started 21-9 during the 2006 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Fighting Illini have won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Illinois has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) when its field goal percentage has been 43.6 percent or better.
- Illini has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Illinois has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Brandon Paul has 14 points or more and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when D.J. Richardson has three three-pointers or more.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Illini has a 5.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tracy Abrams and Brandon Paul) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (14).
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (34).
- Tracy Abrams has led the team in scoring in three out of 30 games this season.
- Brandon Paul has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Richardson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Nebraska Game Notes
- Ray Gallegos accounted for 35.3 percent of the team's points.
- Ray Gallegos has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Shavon Shields has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Dylan Talley's career.
- Dylan Talley has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Ray Gallegos's career.
- Ray Gallegos set a career high with six three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Benny Parker.