Middle Tenn State 70
(27-4, 12-4 away)
Western Kentucky 62
(16-15, 11-5 home)
Venue: E.A. Diddle Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
|Middle Tenn State
|Middle Tenn State
||J Sulton 17
||J Sulton 7
||M Knight 4
||G Fant 18
||G Fant 6
||J Crook 3
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Middle Tennessee State took on Western Kentucky and won on the road versus the Hilltoppers 70-62 in Sun Belt action. With a record of 2-0, the Blue Raiders remain undefeated against Western Kentucky this season. JT Sulton led the Blue Raiders and put up a season-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Shawn Jones also contributed, scoring 10 points and adding six rebounds. For the Hilltoppers, George Fant finished with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The win over Western Kentucky extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 16 games.
- MTSU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Blue Raiders have beaten the spread.
- Middle Tennessee State has won every game this season (14-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- The Blue Raiders have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- MTSU has won every game this season (24-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- MTSU has won 96 percent of the time this season (23-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Shawn Jones has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Bruce Massey Jr has four field goals made or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when JT Sulton has seven rebounds or more.
- The Blue Raiders have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 16 games.
- The top two rebounders (JT Sulton and Shawn Jones) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- JT Sulton has led the team in rebounding in six out of 31 games this season.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (George Fant and T.J. Price) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- George Fant has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 13 times in 31 games this season.
- T.J. Price has seven straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has six straight double-digit point games.
|B+||Bruce Massey Jr||27||11||2||3||2||1||1|
|C+||K. Hammonds II||19||8||2||0||1||0||2|
|-||J. Gallman Jr||9||0||0||0||0||0||0|