On Saturday, Mar. 2, Western Kentucky took on Middle Tennessee State and got beat at home by the Blue Raiders 70-62 in conference play. The Hilltoppers are now 0-2 against Middle Tennessee State this season. The Hilltoppers were led by George Fant, who put up a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. T.J. Price scored 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Blue Raiders, JT Sulton finished with a season-high 17 points and seven rebounds.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The last time WKU started the season 16-15 was 2010.
- Western Kentucky has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- The Hilltoppers have lost 75 percent of the time this season (4-12) after having a field goal percentage of 42.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0 percent or better this season, Western Kentucky has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.4 percent or better this season, Western Kentucky has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Hilltoppers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--WKU has a 7.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (George Fant and T.J. Price) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- George Fant has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 13 times in 31 games this season.
- T.J. Price has seven straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has six straight double-digit point games.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (JT Sulton and Shawn Jones) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- JT Sulton has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.