Sacred Heart 80
(9-20, 3-13 away)
St. Francis (NY) 92
(12-17, 6-6 home)
Venue: Pope Physical Education Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
||S Gibson 29
||S Gibson 7
||P Gaetano 9
|St. Francis (NY)
||B Mockford 22
||J Cannon 8
||D Calloway 7
St. Francis (NY) scored 36 points from behind the arc and beat Sacred Heart 92-80 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Terriers were led by Ben Mockford, who put up a team-high 22 points, with 18 coming from three-point range. Jalen Cannon had 15 points and added eight rebounds. Shane Gibson recorded his third straight game with 25 points or more for the Pioneers, scoring a game-high 29 points on 57.1 percent shooting in 35 minutes. Shane Gibson got a game-high 29 points and seven rebounds for the Pioneers.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- SFNY has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- SFNY has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- The Terriers set season highs for field goals made (34) and total points (92).
- The last time SFNY recorded at least 92 total points was Jan 07, 2012 against Sacred Heart.
- St. Francis (NY) has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SFNY has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ben Mockford and Akeem Johnson) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jalen Cannon and Akeem Johnson) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (14).
- Ben Mockford has led the team in scoring in six out of 29 games this season.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Ben Mockford's career.
- Ben Mockford has four straight double-digit point games.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pioneers losing streak to seven games.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding six times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 53rd 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Louis Montes's career.
- Louis Montes has nine straight double-digit point games.
|-||M. Abdel Latif||8||0||2||0||0||1||0|