Kennesaw State 49
(3-27, 1-16 away)
Florida Gulf Coast 67
(21-10, 15-1 home)
Venue: Alico Arena
5:15PM ET / 2:15PM PT, March 02, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
||D Love 18
||A Anderson 22
||N Pruitt 2
|Florida Gulf Coast
||C Fieler 13
||E Murray 9
||B Comer 3
In a game where they shot just 25 percent, Kennesaw State was thumped by Florida Gulf Coast 67-49 in conference play. With the loss, the Owls remain winless against Florida Gulf Coast this season at 0-2. The Owls got a good effort from Aaron Anderson, who put up eight points and 22 rebounds. Delbert Love had a game-high 18 points. For the Eagles, Christophe Varidel finished with 11 points and four rebounds.
Kennesaw State Game Notes
- The last time KSU started the season 3-27 was 2011.
- Kennesaw State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Owls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after having a three-point percentage of 22.2 percent or worse.
- Kennesaw State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.0 percent or better this season, Kennesaw State has lost 92 percent of the time (2-24).
- When the opposition records three or more blocks this season, Kennesaw State has lost 90 percent of the time (2-19).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Kennesaw State has lost 89 percent of the time (2-17).
- The Owls set a season high for rebounds (43).
- The last time KSU recorded at least 43 rebounds was Dec 11, 2010 against SIU Edwardsville.
- KSU set season lows for assists (four), blocks (zero), field goals made (14), and field goal percentage (25.0).
- Kennesaw State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Aaron Anderson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 22 and defensive rebounds with 15.
- Delbert Love accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Aaron Anderson accounted for 51.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Delbert Love has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 30 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron Anderson had career highs with 22 rebounds and 15 defensive rebounds.
- Delbert Love has four straight double-digit point games.
- Markeith Cummings recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Yonel Brown.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Eddie Murray and Eric McKnight) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Chase Fieler has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Chase Fieler has five straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson has six straight double-digit point games.