(15-15, 7-7 away)
Long Island 96
(17-13, 11-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
||D Johnson 24
||S Shannon 12
||D Johnson 3
||J Olasewere 33
||J Olasewere 10
||J Brickman 10
In a high-scoring matchup, Long Island defeated Quinnipiac 96-90 in NEC play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Jamal Olasewere earned a double-double in the win including a career-high 33 points and 10 rebounds. C.J. Garner had a career-high 30 points and added five rebounds. For the Bobcats, Dave Johnson finished with a career-high 24 points and five rebounds.
Long Island Game Notes
- The Blackbirds have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 32 or more field goals made.
- LIU has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Long Island has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Jamal Olasewere plays 36 minutes or more and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Jason Brickman has 10 assists or more.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Blackbirds came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--LIU has a 9.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a team season high in points with 33.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 22 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has eight straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner had career highs with 30 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 29th of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere had a career high with 33 points.
- This game was the 21st double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- Brandon Thompson had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- Dave Johnson recorded a team season high in points with 24.
- The top two scorers (Dave Johnson and Ousmane Drame) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Shaq Shannon accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (13).
- Dave Johnson has led the team in scoring five times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Dave Johnson's career.
- Dave Johnson set career highs with 24 points, nine field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- Zaid Hearst has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Zaid Hearst.
- Shaq Shannon recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Ousmane Drame's career.
- Ousmane Drame set a career high with 21 points.