North Dakota State 84
(22-8, 9-7 away)
(10-20, 6-7 home)
Venue: Ralston Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
|North Dakota State
|North Dakota State
||T Braun 22
||J Aaberg 8
||T Braun 3
||M Tyus 10
||M Hagerbaumer 4
||J Simmons 3
On Saturday, Mar. 2, North Dakota State outshot Nebraska-Omaha 57.7 percent-33.3 percent and easily defeated the Mavericks 84-57 in conference action. It was all North Dakota State from the beginning and they led 46-26 at the half. The Bison remain undefeated against Nebraska-Omaha this season at 2-0. The Bison got the win with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Taylor Braun. TrayVonn Wright also had a strong outing, scoring 15 points and adding six rebounds. For the Mavericks, Justin Simmons finished with nine points and three rebounds.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:35 left to go.
- NDSU beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- This was the 11th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, NDSU has been on the winning end of 43 blowout games.
- The Bison have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- North Dakota State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 57.7 percent or better.
- NDSU has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- NDSU has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- This season North Dakota State has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when TrayVonn Wright has 15 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Marshall Bjorklund has eight field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Taylor Braun has five free throws made or more.
- The Bison have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Taylor Braun and Marshall Bjorklund) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Taylor Braun has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Taylor Braun's career.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- This was the eighth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, NEOMAH has been on the losing end of 14 blowout games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for John Karhoff.