Weber State 80
(22-5, 10-4 away)
Northern Arizona 78
(11-18, 6-7 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, March 02, 2013
||D Berry 25
||K Tresnak 7
||S Bamforth 3
||G Rogers 25
||S Saldivar 9
||D Russell 7
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Weber State took on Northern Arizona and just barely beat the Lumberjacks 80-78 in overtime. With the win, the Wildcats remain unbeaten against Northern Arizona this season at 2-0. The Wildcats were led by Davion Berry, who put up a game-high 25 points and four rebounds. Scott Bamforth had 20 points and added five rebounds. Dewayne Russell got 17 points and seven assists (6 Reb 3 Stl) for the Lumberjacks. The Wildcats are on an eight-game win streak. The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 7 when Weber State (22-5, 16-2 Big Sky) welcomes Portland State (8-16, 5-11 Big Sky).
Weber State Game Notes
- The last time Weber State started the season 22-5 was 2002.
- The win over Northern Arizona extended the Weber State winning streak to nine games.
- Weber State has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wildcats have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 6-4.
- The Wildcats have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Weber State is 27-22 in close games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (18-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.9 percent field goal percentage.
- Weber State has won 86 percent of the time this season (19-3) when opponents record 34 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Weber State has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Gelaun Wheelwright has 10 points or more, 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Davion Berry has six field goals made or more, and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Scott Bamforth has four three-pointers or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers (19).
- The last time Weber State recorded at least 19 turnovers was Feb 18, 2012 against Texas-Arlington.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 12 games.
- Davion Berry accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry had career highs with 25 points and 11 free throws made.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Scott Bamforth's career.
- Scott Bamforth has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Joel Bolomboy.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 24-29 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stallon Saldivar and Dewayne Russell) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (14).
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 16 times in 29 games this season.
- Stallon Saldivar has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Dewayne Russell has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Stallon Saldivar.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Gaellen Bewernick.