North Dakota 78
(14-15, 6-10 away)
Eastern Washington 74
(9-20, 8-7 home)
Venue: Reese Court
5:05PM ET / 2:05PM PT, March 02, 2013
||T Huff 34
||M Wilmer 9
||J Webb 10
||T Harvey 21
||M Seiferth 14
||T Harvey 8
North Dakota got a victory on the road against Eastern Washington 78-74 in conference action on Saturday, Mar. 2. With a record of 2-0, the Fighting Sioux stay undefeated against Eastern Washington this season. The Fighting Sioux were led by Troy Huff, who got a career-high 34 points and four rebounds. Aaron Anderson had 18 points and added seven assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Martin Seiferth recorded a double-double for the Eagles on 14 points and 14 rebounds. North Dakota (14-15, 11-8 Big Sky) takes on Southern Utah (11-16, 8-9 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
North Dakota Game Notes
- UND beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 13th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- The Fighting Sioux have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, North Dakota is 20-12 in close games.
- The Fighting Sioux have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- North Dakota has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when its field goal percentage has been 45.3 percent or better.
- The Fighting Sioux set season highs for assists (20) and field goals made (34).
- The last time UND recorded at least 34 field goals made was Dec 15, 2011 against South Dakota State.
- UND set a season low for free throws made (four).
- North Dakota has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Troy Huff recorded a team season high in points with 34, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 23.
- Troy Huff accounted for 43.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Webb and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Jamal Webb has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 29 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Jamal Webb's career.
- Jamal Webb had a career high with 10 assists.
- Aaron Anderson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Anderson had career highs with eight field goals made and four steals.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Huff had career highs with 34 points and 13 field goals made.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Washington is 27-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Harvey and Colin Chiverton) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Martin Seiferth accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (41) than the starters (33).
- Tyler Harvey has led the team in scoring three times in 29 games this season.
- Martin Seiferth has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Tyler Harvey's career.
- Martin Seiferth recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Martin Seiferth recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Colin Chiverton has three straight double-digit point games.