SE Louisiana 45
(10-17, 3-14 away)
Sam Houston State 54
(15-14, 9-6 home)
Venue: Johnson Coliseum
4:45PM ET / 1:45PM PT, March 02, 2013
|Sam Houston State
||B Fortenberry 22
||R Woods 9
||B Fortenberry 5
|Sam Houston State
||J Thomas 15
||D Gatson 13
||A Harwell 8
Southeastern Louisiana faced off with Sam Houston State on Saturday, Mar. 2 and lost at home against the Bearkats 54-45 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Lions got a game-high 22 points and five assists from Brandon Fortenberry. Roger Woods had six points and added nine rebounds. Darius Gatson finished with eight points and 13 rebounds for the Bearkats. Southeastern Louisiana (10-17, 8-8 SLC) welcomes McNeese State (12-14, 6-9 SLC) on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- Southeastern Louisiana started 10-17 during the 2011, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 45 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 36.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records seven or more three-pointers this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 77 percent of the time (3-10).
- SELU set a season low for free throws made (three).
- Southeastern Louisiana has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Brandon Fortenberry accounted for 48.8 percent of the team's points.
- Roger Woods accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Fortenberry has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- Roger Woods has led the team in rebounding in four out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Brandon Fortenberry's career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Onochie Ochie.
Sam Houston State Game Notes
- Darius Gatson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13 and defensive rebounds with 13.
- Aaron Harwell tallied a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (James Thomas and Darius Gatson) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Darius Gatson accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- James Thomas has led the team in scoring six times in 29 games this season.
- Darius Gatson has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- Darius Gatson recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Darius Gatson set career highs with 13 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.
- Aaron Harwell set a career high with eight assists.
- James Thomas has six straight double-digit point games.