On Saturday, Mar. 2, Morgan State turned the ball over just eight times and defeated Maryland-Eastern Shore 58-45 in MEAC action. With a record of 2-0, the Bears stay unbeaten against Maryland-Eastern Shore this season. The Bears got the win with 15 points and seven rebounds (7 Ast 3 Blk) from DeWayne Jackson. Shaquille Duncan also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. For the Hawks, Kevin Mays finished with 12 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Bears. Morgan State (13-14, 9-6 MEAC) takes on Delaware State (12-15, 7-6 MEAC) on Monday, Mar. 4 at home.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The win over Maryland-Eastern Shore extended the Morgan State winning streak to three games.
- Morgan State has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Morgan State has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Blake Bozeman plays 36 minutes or more.
- This is the seventh game at home this season--Morgan State has a 3.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Shaquille Duncan and DeWayne Jackson) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Hubbard and DeWayne Jackson) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Hubbard has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Shaquille Duncan had a career high with 17 points.
- DeWayne Jackson had a career high with seven assists.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to three games.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's points.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Ishaq Pitt set a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kevin Mays.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Olatunji Kosile.