UNC Asheville 61
(16-15, 6-10 away)
(13-16, 11-4 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||J Atkinson 17
||W Weeks 12
||J Atkinson 3
||J Jerome 15
||J Jerome 9
||G Gamble 4
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Winthrop topped North Carolina-Asheville 70-61 in conference action. The Eagles even the season series against North Carolina-Asheville at 1-1 with the win. Reggie King played well for the Eagles and put up a career-high six points and seven rebounds. James Bourne had a career-high 13 points and added eight rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Jeremy Atkinson got a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast).
Winthrop Game Notes
- The last time Winthrop started the season 13-16 was 2010.
- The Eagles have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 70 or more total points.
- Winthrop has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 17.6 percent three-point percentage.
- Winthrop has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Winthrop has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Christian Farmer has four field goals made or more.
- The Eagles set season highs for assists (15) and blocks (four).
- The last time Winthrop recorded at least 15 assists was Feb 29, 2012 against Campbell.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Winthrop has a 6.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and Andre Smith) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joab Jerome and James Bourne) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 6 times in 29 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has seven straight double-digit point games.
- James Bourne had career highs with 13 points and six field goals made.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Weeks and Jeremy Atkinson) accounted for 46.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 16 times in 31 games this season.
- Will Weeks has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Weeks recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.