|Southeast MO State||T Stone 15.4||N Johnson 9.2||L Nutt 5.0|
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.5||E Daniel 10.3||I Canaan 4.1|
On Saturday, Murray State welcomes Southeast Missouri State at CFSB Center. The game tips off at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Racers beat the Redhawks 74-66 on Jan. 5 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Murray State is in third place in the conference, Southeast Missouri State is in seventh place.
The Racers fell 69-68 to Tennessee-Martin on Feb. 28. Isaiah Canaan finished with 31 points in the loss. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 21.5 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. In a 108-81 blowout of Austin Peay on Feb. 28, Corey Wilford put up 26 points for the Redhawks. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.7 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Southeast Missouri State is strong in turnover percentage at 18.5 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 87th in the nation.
Southeast Missouri State StatSmack
- Murray State has come back to win after being down at half against Southeast Missouri State six times since 1998.
- Murray State has been the favorite 10 out of the last 10 times.
- The Murray State rebounding leader (Ed Daniel, 288 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Southeast Missouri State rebounding leader (Nino Johnson, 276 rebounds).
- Ed Daniel is ranked 12th nationally in rebounds and 4th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- Murray State players are more experienced than Southeast Missouri State players (14,310 minutes played vs. 13,412 minutes played).
- The Murray State steals leader (Isaiah Canaan, 43 steals) has more steals than the Southeast Missouri State steals leader (Tyler Stone, 22 steals).
- That must sting. Murray State has blown out Southeast Missouri State by 20 points or more on five occasions since 1997.
- It's only wins and losses, but Murray State has a better overall record than Southeast Missouri State this season (20-8 vs. 15-15).
- Murray State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Southeast Missouri State in 38 wins since 1991.
- The Murray State three-point leader (Isaiah Canaan, 85 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Southeast Missouri State three-point leader (Corey Wilford, 75 three-pointers).
- Murray State has a better record on the road than Southeast Missouri State this season (8-4 vs. 6-8).