On Saturday, Mar. 2, Arkansas turned the ball over just seven times and knocked off Kentucky 73-60 in conference action. The Razorbacks got a double-double out of Coty Clarke with 14 points and 12 rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Marshawn Powell also had a good game, scoring a game-high 15 points and adding nine rebounds. Willie Cauley-Stein registered a double-double for the Wildcats with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Arkansas (18-11, 9-7 SEC) is Missouri (20-8, 9-6 SEC) on Tuesday, Mar. 5 on the road.
Arkansas Game Notes
- Arkansas started 18-11 during the 2011, 2010, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Razorbacks have beaten the spread.
- The Razorbacks have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 44 or more rebounds.
- Arkansas has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4 percent three-point percentage.
- Arkansas has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Arkansas has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Marshawn Powell has six field goals made or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Coty Clarke has six free throws made or more.
- Arkansas set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 15.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Coty Clarke and Marshawn Powell) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 29 games this season.
- Coty Clarke has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Coty Clarke recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Coty Clarke recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Marshawn Powell had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Archie Goodwin and Willie Cauley-Stein) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Cauley-Stein and Archie Goodwin) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Archie Goodwin has led the team in scoring eight times in 29 games this season.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.
- Willie Cauley-Stein recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Cauley-Stein recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Archie Goodwin has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Harrow has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Alex Poythress.