(7-24, 2-14 away)
Virginia Military 94
(13-16, 8-5 home)
Venue: Cameron Hall
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Kessens 17
||J Dublin 12
||L Woodhouse 9
||S Okoye 34
||S Okoye 16
||R Glasgow 10
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Longwood was outscored 48-18 from beyond the arc by Virginia Military Institute and got beat at home by the Keydets 94-80 in conference play. By halftime, Longwood was already out of it, with the score 58-42. The team struggled in the second half as well and Virginia Military Institute maintained the big win. With the loss, the Lancers remain winless against Virginia Military Institute this season at 0-2. The Lancers got a double-double out of Jeylani Dublin with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Lucas Woodhouse had 11 points and added nine assists. Stan Okoye registered achieved a double-double for the Keydets on a game-high 34 points and 16 rebounds. He made 7 of 11 from three-point range.
Longwood Game Notes
- Longwood has lost 95 percent of the time this season (1-21) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Longwood has lost 75 percent of the time this season (5-15) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 25 or more assists this season, Longwood has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Longwood has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Longwood has lost 94 percent of the time (1-15).
- Jeylani Dublin accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Kessens has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Jeylani Dublin has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Lucas Woodhouse has three straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Kessens has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Karl Ziegler has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jeylani Dublin recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeylani Dublin recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Jeylani Dublin had a career high with 12 rebounds.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- Stan Okoye accounted for 36.1 percent of the team's points.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 47.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 18 times in 29 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Rodney Glasgow's career.
- Rodney Glasgow recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- This marks the 48th 20-point game of Stan Okoye's career.
- Stan Okoye has five straight double-digit point games.
- Stan Okoye recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 34th of his career.
- Stan Okoye set a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for D.J. Covington.