Brigham Young vs. Loyola Marymount: Full Game Preview
|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.8||B Davies 7.8||M Carlino 4.3|
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.5||A Hamilton 6.9||A Ireland 3.7|
On Saturday, Loyola Marymount welcomes Brigham Young at Gersten Pavilion. It takes place at 11 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Lions lost to the Cougars 92-51 on Jan. 3 and are 1-2 against them over the last four years.
Brigham Young is in third place in the conference and Loyola Marymount is in ninth place.
The Lions fell 79-56 to Santa Clara on Feb. 28. Anthony Ireland finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the loss. He contributes team-best marks with 20.5 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Cougars, Brandon Davies finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds in the 70-65 loss to Gonzaga on Feb. 28. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.8 per game and blocks with 1.1 per game.
Brigham Young has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Cougars have the upper hand over the Lions, 76 points per game to 65 points per game. Brigham Young will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 16.8 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.3 percent.
Brigham Young StatSmack
- Loyola Marymount players are more experienced than Brigham Young players (13,899 minutes played vs. 12,771 minutes played).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 7th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- The Loyola Marymount three-point leader (Anthony Ireland, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Brigham Young three-point leader (Tyler Haws, 36 three-pointers).
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 12th nationally in points, 6th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 7th in the West Coast in assists, and 7th in the West Coast in steals.
- Loyola Marymount has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Brigham Young (No. 60 vs. No. 71).