(11-20, 4-14 away)
Western Carolina 56
(13-18, 8-6 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
||R Kelly 13
||T Williams 13
||R Kelly 4
||B Boggs 12
||J Sinclair 8
||B Boggs 3
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Samford took on Western Carolina and let one slip away to the Catamounts 56-54 in overtime. Tim Williams secured a double-double for the Bulldogs with a game-high 13 points and 13 rebounds. Raijon Kelly had 13 points and added four rebounds. For the Catamounts, Preston Ross finished with nine points and six rebounds.
Samford Game Notes
- The last time Samford started the season 11-20 was 2009.
- Samford beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Samford has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 3-8.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 30-30 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after having a field goal percentage of 43.6 percent or worse.
- Samford has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Samford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- Samford set season lows for free throws made (four) and three-pointers (two).
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tim Williams and Tyler Hood) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- Tim Williams accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tim Williams has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- Tim Williams recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tim Williams has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Williams recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Tyler Hood has three straight double-digit point games.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- The Catamounts won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Carolina is 28-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Tawaski King and Brandon Boggs) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (James Sinclair and Mike Brown) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Tawaski King has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- James Sinclair has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.
- Brandon Boggs has three straight double-digit point games.
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||23||7||3||0||1||0||2|