Ball State 86
(13-14, 6-6 away)
(13-13, 7-4 home)
Venue: Savage Hall
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||J Scaife 28
||M Kamieniecki 9
||M Posley 5
||R Pearson 20
||R Pearson 6
||J Brown 6
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Toledo was outrebounded 45-24 by Ball State and was beaten at home by the Cardinals 86-72 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Rian Pearson put up a team-high 20 points and six rebounds for the Rockets. Nathan Boothe had 12 points and added five rebounds. For the Cardinals, Jesse Berry got 22 points, including 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range. Toledo (13-13, 8-6 MAC) hosts Northern Illinois (5-22, 3-11 MAC) on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Toledo Game Notes
- Toledo started 13-13 during the 2001 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rockets have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Toledo has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 12 or more three-pointers this season, Toledo has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Toledo has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Rockets set a season high for assists (19).
- The Rockets have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- Toledo has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Toledo has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rian Pearson and Matt Smith) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rian Pearson and Nathan Boothe) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 15 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Rian Pearson's career.
- Rian Pearson has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Julius Brown has five straight double-digit point games.
Ball State Game Notes
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Matt Kamieniecki has led the team in rebounding six times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Bond has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jesse Berry's career.