(20-11, 7-9 away)
(16-14, 11-4 home)
Venue: UIC Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||D Anderson 22
||D Anderson 9
||J Calliste 10
||D Barnes 28
||J Crittle 6
||G Talton 8
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Detroit turned the ball over just eight times and got a victory on the road against UIC 79-67 in Horizon play. With the win, the Titans remain undefeated against UIC this season at 2-0. The Titans got the win with a team-high 22 points and nine rebounds from Doug Anderson. Jason Calliste played his way to a double-double with 18 points and 10 assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Flames, Daniel Barnes got a game-high 28 points, including 8-of-12 shooting from three-point range.
Detroit Game Notes
- The last time Detroit started the season 20-11 was 1999.
- Detroit beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 13th time this season the Titans have beaten the spread.
- The Titans have won every game this season (4-0) after recording seven or more blocks.
- Detroit has won every game this season (7-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Detroit has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Detroit has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- Detroit has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Detroit has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Jason Calliste has 18 points or more and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Ray McCallum has six free throws made or more.
- The Titans set a season high for assists (23).
- The last time Detroit recorded at least 23 assists was Feb 28, 2006 against Cleveland State.
- Detroit set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- Detroit has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Doug Anderson and Ray McCallum) accounted for 53.1 percent of the points.
- Doug Anderson has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 9 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has four straight 20+ point games.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Jason Calliste's career.
- Jason Calliste recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Jason Calliste had a career high with 10 assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Doug Anderson's career.
- Doug Anderson has four straight double-digit point games.
UIC Game Notes
- Daniel Barnes recorded a team season high in three-pointers with eight.
- Daniel Barnes accounted for 41.7 percent of the team's points.
- Daniel Barnes has led the team in scoring six times in 30 games this season.
- Josh Crittle has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Daniel Barnes's career.
- Daniel Barnes has three straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Barnes set a career high with eight three-pointers.
|C||J. Howard Jr.||11||0||3||1||0||1||0|