(11-17, 6-9 away)
Texas State 81
(9-20, 5-12 home)
Venue: Strahan Coliseum
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||K Barone 26
||K Barone 14
||S Madison 4
||M Staff 22
||D Jones 6
||P Hawkins 3
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Texas State was beaten at home by Idaho 90-81 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Bobcats got 12 points and six rebounds from Deonte` Jones. Matt Staff had a team-high 22 points and added five rebounds. Kyle Barone registered a double-double for the Vandals with a game-high 26 points and 14 rebounds. Next up for Texas State (9-20, 4-12 WAC) is Utah State (19-8, 9-6 WAC) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on the road.
Texas State Game Notes
- The last time TXState started the season 9-20 was 2006.
- Texas State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- Texas State has lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 90 or more total points this season, Texas State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.6 percent or better this season, Texas State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more steals this season, Texas State has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- TXState set a season low for blocks (one).
- Texas State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--TXState has a -6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Matt Staff and Joel Wright) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- Matt Staff has led the team in scoring in seven out of 29 games this season.
- Deonte` Jones has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Matt Staff's career.
- Matt Staff has four straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Wright has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the ninth foul out of the season for Joel Wright.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Reid Koenen.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Corey Stern.
Idaho Game Notes
- Mike McChristian recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Barone and Connor Hill) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- Kyle Barone accounted for 36.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 22 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kyle Barone's career.
- Kyle Barone has five straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 25th of his career.
- Kyle Barone set a career high with 12 field goals made.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Connor Hill's career.
- Connor Hill has three straight double-digit point games.
- Connor Hill set career highs with 22 points and eight field goals made.
- Mike McChristian set a career high with five steals.
|D+||R. Harris Jr.||14||0||3||0||0||0||1|
|-||Basil Brown II||4||0||0||0||0||0||0|