Wichita State took a home loss to Creighton 91-80 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With the loss, the Shockers tie the season series against Creighton at 1-1. The Shockers got 15 points and six rebounds from Carl Hall. Demetric Williams had a team-high 18 points and added six assists. Doug McDermott recorded his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Bluejays, scoring a staggering 41 points (6 Reb 3 Ast) on 83.3 percent shooting in 32 minutes. For the Bluejays, Doug McDermott finished with a sensational 41 points (6 Reb 3 Ast), including 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range.
Wichita State Game Notes
- Wichita State started 24-7 during the 2010 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- WSU set a season low for rebounds (21).
- The Shockers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Demetric Williams and Carl Hall) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Carl Hall and Demetric Williams) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Demetric Williams has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Carl Hall has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- Demetric Williams had career highs with 18 points and six field goals made.
- Tekele Cotton had career highs with 14 points, four three-pointers, and four steals.
- Cleanthony Early has seven straight double-digit point games.
Creighton Game Notes
- Doug McDermott recorded a team season high in points with 41.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 45.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Gregory Echenique) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 25 times and in rebounding 17 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 52nd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has three straight 20+ point games.
- Gregory Echenique set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.