George Mason 77
(17-13, 9-7 away)
(18-13, 10-4 home)
Venue: Bob Carpenter Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Gujanicic 21
||V Vaughns 6
||C Edwards 5
||D Saddler 22
||J Hagins 14
||D Saddler 5
On Saturday, Mar. 2, George Mason lost on their home court to Delaware 82-77 in conference play. The Patriots stay winless against Delaware this season at 0-2. The Patriots got a season-high 16 points and six rebounds from Vertail Vaughns. Marko Gujanicic had a season-high 21 points and added four rebounds. Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double for the Fightin' Blue Hens with 13 points and 14 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Stl).
George Mason Game Notes
- The last time GMU started the season 17-13 was 2009.
- The Patriots have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, George Mason is 34-33 in close games.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, George Mason has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, George Mason has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, George Mason has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- The Patriots set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- GMU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- George Mason has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Marko Gujanicic and Sherrod Wright) accounted for 53.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (38).
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Sherrod Wright's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Bryon Allen.
- Vertail Vaughns had a career high with four three-pointers.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Marko Gujanicic's career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Marko Gujanicic.
Delaware Game Notes
- The Fightin' Blue Hens won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware is 40-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Devon Saddler and Jarvis Threatt) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- Jamelle Hagins accounted for 43.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded the 42nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 34th of his career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jarvis Threatt's career.
- Jarvis Threatt has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 31 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Baptiste set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.