|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.3||T Murphy 7.0||D Hill 2.9|
|Florida Atlantic||G Gantt 21.4||J McCoy 6.4||S Moody 2.3|
Florida International travels to FAU Arena on Saturday to take on Florida Atlantic. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Golden Panthers beat the Owls 84-65 on Feb. 7 and are 4-5 against them over the last four years.
Florida International is fourth in the conference and Florida Atlantic is seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Golden Panthers got past Louisiana-Monroe 67-58 on Feb. 28 with the help of 16 points from Malik Smith. He is averaging 13.6 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. For the Owls, Stefan Moody put up 25 points and 7 rebounds in the 73-59 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Feb. 23. He is averaging 14.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.3 assists per game.
Florida Atlantic StatSmack
- Malik Smith is ranked 33rd nationally in three-pointers.
- It's only wins and losses, but Florida International has a better overall record than Florida Atlantic this season (16-12 vs. 13-17).
- Florida International has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (39.1 percent to 36.6 percent).
- The Florida International steals leader (Deric Hill, 60 steals) has more steals than the Florida Atlantic steals leader (Greg Gantt, 23 steals).
- Since 1998, Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Florida Atlantic (one vs. zero).
- The Florida International rebounding leader (Tymell Murphy, 195 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Florida Atlantic rebounding leader (Jordan McCoy, 191 rebounds).
- Even computers respect Florida International more. Florida International has a better RPI this season than Florida Atlantic (RPI: No. 130 vs. No. 221).
- Florida International has a better record in close games than Florida Atlantic this season (8-3 vs. 6-9).
- Florida International has an average margin of victory of 14 over Florida Atlantic in 17 wins since 1990.
- Florida International is ranked higher than Florida Atlantic in the Sun Belt (No. 4 vs. No. 7).
- Florida International has a stronger schedule than Florida Atlantic this season (SOS Rank: No. 162 vs. No. 203).
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||15||6||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||8||2||1||0||0||0||0|