Santa Clara vs. Saint Mary's: Full Game Preview
|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.9||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.4|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 16.4||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.2|
Saint Mary's welcomes Santa Clara to McKeon Pavilion on Saturday. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST and it can be seen on CSN-BAY. The Gaels defeated the Broncos 84-63 on Feb. 7 and are 9-1 against them over the past four years.
Saint Mary's is in second place in the West Coast and needs to hold off Santa Clara who sit just south in third place.
In an 87-48 dismantling of Pepperdine on Feb. 27, Matthew Dellavedova put up 25 points for the Gaels. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 16.4 points per game, 6.2 assists per game, and 1.2 steals per game. For the Broncos, Marc Trasolini finished with 26 points and 8 rebounds in the 79-56 blowout of Loyola Marymount on Feb. 28. With 7.8 rebounds per game and 1.6 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Santa Clara StatSmack
- Saint Mary's has been the favorite 25 out of the last 33 times.
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 5th in the West Coast in points, 21st nationally in three-pointers, and 10th nationally in assists.
- Saint Mary's is ranked higher than Santa Clara in the West Coast (No. 2 vs. No. 3).
- Saint Mary's has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (80.1 percent to 49.1 percent).
- Saint Mary's has a stronger schedule than Santa Clara this season (SOS Rank: No. 127 vs. No. 134).
- Saint Mary's is better under pressure, and has defeated Santa Clara in eight out of the last 14 games decided by five points or fewer.
- A for effort, but Saint Mary's has emerged victorious against Santa Clara the last eight times they've played.
- Saint Mary's has come back to win after being down at half against Santa Clara seven times since 1997.
- Even computers respect Saint Mary's more. Saint Mary's has a better RPI this season than Santa Clara (RPI: No. 45 vs. No. 94).
- Saint Mary's has a better conference record than Santa Clara this season (13-2 vs. 9-6).
- It's only wins and losses, but Saint Mary's has a better overall record than Santa Clara this season (25-5 vs. 21-9).
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|
|C||J. Walker III||22||7||4||1||1||0||1|