Southern Methodist 69
(14-15, 6-9 away)
(15-14, 11-4 home)
Venue: Bartow Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||R Manuel 15
||S Williams 5
||C Cunningham 5
||R Rucker 21
||R Rucker 11
||R Rucker 4
On Saturday, Mar. 2, UAB took on Southern Methodist and beat the Mustangs 74-69 in conference action. Rod Rucker earned a double-double for the Blazers including a game-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. Fahro Alihodzic had a career-high 18 points and added six rebounds. Cannen Cunningham got 12 points and five rebounds for the Mustangs. Next up for UAB (15-14, 7-7 C-USA) is UCF (19-10, 8-6 C-USA) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on their home court.
UAB Game Notes
- The last time UAB started the season 15-14 was 2006.
- The win over Southern Methodist extended the UAB winning streak to four games.
- UAB beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Blazers have beaten the spread.
- The Blazers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UAB is 38-24 in close games.
- The Blazers have won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) after recording 74 or more total points.
- UAB has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record seven or fewer free throws made.
- UAB has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season UAB has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Rod Rucker has 21 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Jordan Swing has five free throws made or more.
- UAB set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Blazers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Blazers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UAB has a 9.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 19 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Rod Rucker's career.
- Rod Rucker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.
- Fahro Alihodzic had career highs with 18 points and five offensive rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has four straight double-digit point games.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- The Mustangs have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Methodist is 24-36 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Manuel and Nick Russell) accounted for 42.0 percent of the points.
- Ryan Manuel has led the team in scoring six times in 29 games this season.
- Cannen Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Russell set a career high with four steals.
- Cannen Cunningham set a career high with five assists.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Ryan Manuel.
- This was the ninth foul out of the season for Jalen Jones.