|St John's||D Harrison 17.8||J Sampson 6.7||P Greene IV 2.8|
|Providence||B Cotton 20.1||L Henton 8.3||V Council 7.2|
On Saturday, Providence hosts St. John's at Dunkin' Donuts Center. It gets started at 8 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Cox, SNY, Big East, MASN. The Friars are 2-2 against the Red Storm over the last four years. They lost 91-67 the last time they played (Dec. 27, 2011).
Providence is in 10th place in the Big East and will be trying to close the gap with St. John's, who is currently in ninth place.
The 22 points by Bryce Cotton helped the Friars to a 76-72 victory over Rutgers on Feb. 23. He leads the team with 20.1 points per game. For the Red Storm, JaKarr Sampson finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in the 63-47 loss to Pittsburgh on Feb. 24. He averages 14.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.7 rebounds per game. St. John's ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 16.4 percent, which also places them 12th in the country.
St. John's StatSmack
- Providence is better at defending the three (28.7 percent allowed vs. 32.8 percent allowed) than St. John's this season.
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 2nd in the Big East in rebounds.
- AP voters think more highly of Providence and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than St. John's (14 vs. four).
- Providence has come back to win after being down at half against St. John's five times since 2000.
- Providence has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (51.0 percent to 45.5 percent).
- Providence is a better three-point shooting team (32.8 percent vs. 29.5 percent) than St. John's this season.
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 48th nationally in points and 29th nationally in three-pointers.
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 10th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton, 502 points) has more points than the St. John's scoring leader (D`Angelo Harrison, 481 points).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||32||9||3||3||1||0||1|